With Sweet Potato Fries and Broccolini
Meet your burger and fries craving, but with a nutritious option.
1.5 lbs. of lean ground turkey
1/2 of a sweet onion, chopped
5 ounces of shiitake mushrooms
1 teaspoon of pink Himalayan sea-salt (+ extra for sweet potato fries)
1 teaspoon of onion powder
1 tablespoon of minced garlic (or 3 minced cloves)
5 ounces (or enough to wrap 3-5 burgers) of butterhead/clamshell lettuce
6 ounces of broccolini
2 medium sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons of butter
Extra virgin olive oil
1. To prep the turkey burgers: Mix salt, onion powder, and garlic into the raw ground turkey. Assemble meat into patties of desired size (typically makes 3-5 patties). Grill turkey burgers.
2. To make the sweet potato fries: Preheat oven to broil. Wash, peel, and then slice sweet potatoes into thin fries. On a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, lay sweet potatoes flat and separated. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Broil for approximately 10-15 minutes. Once done, sprinkle with desired amount of pink Himalayan sea salt.
3. To make the broccolini: Make sure the broccolini is washed. Place broccolini stalks on sheet pan and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Season with pink Himalayan sea salt.
4. To make the onion topping: In a skillet, on medium heat melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add chopped onions to skillet and coat onions in butter. Sauté onions, stirring occasionally until golden brown
5. To make the mushroom topping: In a separate skillet on medium-high heat melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add sliced mushrooms to skillet and coat mushrooms in butter. Sauté mushrooms, stirring occasionally until golden and slightly crispy.
6. Wrap turkey burgers in butter lettuce and top patties with onions, mushrooms and feta cheese. Enjoy sweet potato fries and broccolini on the side.