Simple, nutritious ingredients! Serves 6.
For the tortillas *Tortilla recipe from here:
2.5 cups of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup of oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup warm water
Extra virgin olive oil for skillet
For the chicken
4 large organic chicken breasts
1 cup of water or bone broth
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Pink Himalayan sea salt, to taste
For the toppings
Shredded Mexican cheese
1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
Guacamole (homemade or fresh store bought)
Siete foods mild nacho queso
1. For the chicken: Place water or bone broth, chicken breasts, and all seasonings into Instant Pot. Cover and set to “Pressure Cook” for 15 minutes. Let it release steam naturally for 10 minutes (This allows for the chicken to become even more tender). If more steam needs to release, press the vent valve to release manually. Do not open the Instant Pot until the float valve drops down. Once the float valve is down, take out the chicken and shred it.
2. For the tortillas: Blend together the whole wheat flour, oil, and salt. Once mixed, slowly add the warm water and mix slowly until dough is smooth. Knead the dough into a ball and let it rest for 15(+) minutes.
3. Split the dough into approximately 12 smaller dough balls. On a floured surface roll each ball into 8-10 inch tortillas.
4. Heat a cast iron skillet on medium heat and spray with extra virgin olive oil. Cook tortillas in skillet on each side for approximately 45 seconds (or until it starts to bubble slightly/becomes golden).
5. Prep the toppings and enjoy!